- You will have a qualified and professional coach to lead you through every single workout.
- Each session, you will do a warm-up, CrossFit Workout of the Day with extensive coaching to ensure safety, form, and maximum effort; a cool-down if time permits.
- You will never have to worry about figuring out what to do at the gym. We provide all the programming each week, and tailor each workout to your ability level.
- You will get to be part of a community that is supportive and actually wants you to succeed. The other athletes in our group classes are friendly and will be cheering you on all the way!
We offer customized individual instruction along with high-energy, extraordinarily effective, and just plain old fun group fitness classes. Our training methodology revolves around and is powered by CrossFit. We are committed to helping you achieve your personal fitness goals in all walks of life and in all disciplines; from the business executive to the soccer mom, the Navy Seal, the fireman to the mixed martial artist, come see how Crossfit Houston can positively impact your life. We are committed to developing the “10 General Physical Skills” outlined below.
1. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance – The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
2. Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store and utilize energy.
3. Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
4. Power – The ability of a muscular unit or combination of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
5. Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement
6. Flexibility – The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
7. Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another
8. Balance – The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
9. Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
10. Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.